Saturday, April 2, 2011

For Jenny

I wrote the following last Saturday when I came home from the hospital.  When I started typing, I didn't know what I was going to say, I just somehow wanted to have a record of what I'd experienced that morning.  This past week has been both terrible and wonderful, sorrowful and joyful, heartbreaking and heartwarming.  Baby Kanon changed my life.  I'm so honored that I was a part of his...

I spent the morning with some wonderful women and I am overwhelmed by their beauty.  I only met Melissa Vincent yesterday, but God placed her in Jenny's life several months ago so that she would be there for today.  Although we just met face to face for the first time, I've known her through Jenny's eyes for a while now.  I don't know if I've ever known a more selfless person in my life.  She was the caretaker this morning for everyone else, despite having a newborn at home herself.  Because of her, I know that Jenny will be taken care of today and for the days to come.  Melissa is beautiful.  Emily Overland has been blessed with the gift of kindness.  Truly.  Friend, foe, or stranger, Emily has only good things to say to you and about you.  Because her heart bleeds for everyone, I think this morning was the hardest on her.  She cried her little eyes out.  Emily is beautiful.  Brooke Brewer's calling is in administration.  She gets things done, and she's not afraid of who she has to face to do it.  She made sure that this morning went perfectly, even paging Jenny's doctor last night to make sure things would be just right!  The best part of her is that it all comes from love.  Her heart's desire is to make those that she loves happy.  Brooke is beautiful.  Four of the ladies there this morning have been friends with Jenny for over twenty years.  Shelly Willis was one of the first ones there this morning.  I think out of everyone, she's been Jenny's friend the longest.  She just sat there quietly, a picture of strength for her friends.  Her presence this morning lets Jenny know that she's a friend for life.  Shelly is beautiful.  Candace LaGere has the best sense of humor of anyone I've ever met.  Honestly.  She brought smiles and laughter to the room this morning and always at the perfect time.  Those moments wouldn't be the same if I tried to recount them here, but they were priceless.  Not only is she striking and funny, but she got so much done for Jenny in the last 24 hours, you wouldn't believe it.  Candace is beautiful.  Bless Julie Kirk's heart.  She talked to everyone.  Not just the people there with us, but with the guy getting coffee in front of her, with the scrub tech, with everyone who walked by... literally.  She is so honest.  Most touching was watching her cry.  She would just get overwhelmed with emotion and it was precious.  Julie is beautiful.  Lee Anne Stone.  I don't even know if I'll be able to put her presence this morning into words.  All of our hearts ached this morning for Jenny, but I know Lee Anne's ached the most.  She's made her way down the road that Jenny started traveling today.  I know she wishes Jenny didn't have to walk it at all, but she'll be right there by her side, crawling with her at times, and carrying her friend when she needs it.  Lee Anne is beautiful.  I don't even know the last name of one of the beautiful women I watched this morning.  Melissa's friend Becky took pictures of the Laisle family last night at Hafer Park and was with them again this morning to capture Kanon's birth.  She took hundreds of pictures for them.  She'd met Jenny only once before and had never photographed moments like those shared this morning.  She was so strong and did a wonderful job.  But each time she was told to stop for a moment or to step out, she broke down.  She really put her heart into the task this morning and I know Jenny and Rory will treasure the gift that she gave them forever.  Becky is beautiful.  Of course the most beautiful woman of all this morning was Jenny.  She's been so brave over the past four months, but brave doesn't even describe that mother this morning.  You would have never known she'd just had major surgery as they wheeled her through the hallway as she proudly introduced us all to Kanon William Laisle.  Jenny, I'm so happy that you got to spend so much time with that precious miracle.  You will never be more beautiful than you were this morning.  Kanon saw his mommy at her best and he must be so proud!  We all love you so much.  Thank you for letting us be a part of Kanon's life.  Kanon William Laisle March 26, 2011 8:19 am 2 lbs 2 oz 12.5 in

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amber. This is such a great post. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. You are such an amazing friend and we are ALL better just by knowing you and Ryan both. Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete