Monday, August 8, 2011

He's growing up so fast!

Gotcha!

Here's the real 5-month photo:


He's rolling... he's eating rice cereal, oatmeal, and all his veggies... and he's trying to crawl!  So despite the lack of facial hair, he really is growing up so fast!

There's no Allie story/pictures this post, because I'm hoping to do a post completely dedicated to my precious middle child later this week...

As for Addie, a couple weeks ago she and I were eating lunch at Steve's Rib with my parents and I was talking to my mom about types of beer.  When I mentioned the Mexican beer, Modelo, my mom jokingly asked, "Like Nelson Modelo?"  Without skipping a beat, Addie said, "Grammy, it's Nelson MANDELA."  WHAT?!?!?!  Then she asked, "What town is he from again?"  Thinking this was some kind of crazy coincidence, I asked Addie if Nelson Mandela was young or old.  She proceeded to tell me that he was 93 years old.  Correct again!  (Which I only knew after googling it.)  Apparently Nelson Mandela had just celebrated his birthday the week before and they had talked about it at school.  Shout out to My Small Wonders!  Next topic, I asked Addie what she had done in swim lessons THAT MORNING, to which she replied, "Um, I can't remember."  :)




1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo!!!! Fist bump for My Small Wonders!! Yeah, Robyn and I are a little obsessed with Nelson Mandela. Here's a few reasons why... 1) Celine named one of her twin boys Nelson after Nelson Mandela 2) We named our "middle child (dog)" Mandela after Nelson Mandela 3) Robyn LOVES Africa and visited there last summer to volunteer teach at one of the schools in the slums. SOOOOOOOO...of course we celebrated his 93rd birthday at My Small Wonders! :) I'm so glad that she correctly Grandma!! :) Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete